I have always said in the past that I never want kids of my own. To which people would reply “you will, you will!”. I’ve had a number of reasons ranging from: not wanting the added responsibility for another human, childbirth would definitely and literally kill me! And I do enjoy my life how it is currently… until I’ve started to recognise these signs. So here are 12 Signs that It Might Be Your Turn To Have a Baby:
- when you find that 80 percent of your friends are moms.
- you plan dates /social outings with your ‘Bestie’ and find yourself saying “its okay if we take the baby/kids” (or you expect the date was going to involve their kids anyway)
- you want to munch every cute baby you see and wish you had one just like it!
- you have a Pinterest board planning a baby room, and other stuff when you’re not even pregnant
- your ears stand to attention anytime anyone is talking about pregnancy related stuff to see if you should be freaked out or it’s informative stuff you might find useful down the line!
- you enjoy your nieces (or nephews) being around
- you read articles and blogs from other mums about parenting and looking after kids at home or during the holidays
- you over obsess about childbirth, thinking and reading every single detail about having a baby or how they develop
- you pretty much have most things you want in your life but still some how feel incomplete … maybe more love to give to a ‘mini’ you?
- you are not being pressured to have a child but think you would like one anyway
- you imagine that your baby will be your bestie and you will have them no matter what else is happening or going wrong
- you see a sticky situation involving other parents and their kids and think to yourself, “that wouldn’t happen to me… I could do that differently (better)” lol or think “I’d be the best mom in the world” (being a teacher and all that… A teacher knows it all right?! )
Comment and let me know what you think! Have you ever noticed any of these signs in yourself? Do you have kids?
Have a great day!
Love, Alicia Xx